Digital Project Manager
Radish Lab seeks an energetic, resourceful, and intensely organized digital project manager to collaborate with clients and our creative and technical teams to build world-class interactive digital experiences. We work with local and global non-profits and cultural organizations to build beautiful websites, strategize content approaches, and tell data stories (among other things).
You’ll be managing lots of expectations, client teams of all shapes and sizes, budgets ranging from modest to large, and a busy team of creative and technical dynamos to get Radish’s diverse portfolio of projects done on time. The ideal candidate is a quick, sharp thinker with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), 3-5 years experience managing creative digital projects (or convince us otherwise), and the ability to juggle lots of things at once in a fast-paced agency setting.
Radish Lab is an interactive agency focused on social impact projects. We work with lots of cool and inspiring people and have offices in Brooklyn, New York and Berlin, Germany. Past and current clients include the United Nations, Columbia University, the American Museum of Natural History, the Brooklyn Navy Yard, UNICEF, and the International Rescue Committee. We are a growing team of 10 very nice people.
The selected candidate for this role will be working closely with our leadership team, including our principal, partners, and communications director, as well as with the broader team.
- Manage a portfolio of Radish Lab’s digital projects from start to finish (from large year-long website builds, to short infographics, or annual reports)
- Create and execute project plans, timelines, and budgets with confidence
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal team to identify project needs and determine solutions
- Set and manage client expectations, including communicating budget updates and project progress regularly
- Ensure resource availability and allocation within the team
- Contribute to brainstorms and concept ideation for projects
- Manage creative reviews, communicating client feedback, and vetting all changes for design team
- Put the software we use to good use (Basecamp, Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Harvest and Harvest Forcast, Github, AirTable)
Who you are:
- 3-5 years in a project manager, strategist, or producer role (or equivalent)
- Experience working at a creative agency
- Great organizational skills, and can manage multiple projects at the same time
- Capable of working within and leading a team
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to the demands of challenging and unusual projects
- Able to scope out and determine the feasibility of producing final creative work in a variety of formats
- Strong leadership skills: you can keep team members motivated, resolve conflicts, and make hard decisions
- Strong time management: you will work with team members, clients, and vendors, often doing all at once
- Good with money: you will be expected to keep and maintain a budget, and be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where the company’s money is going
- Passion and an eye for creative
- Interest in and passion for social change and the greater good
- Process-driven and eager to contribute to forming new processes
- Thorough understanding of the technical phase of website development projects
- Experience using Basecamp, Github, and Harvest
- Sense of humor
- Charisma and/or pizzazz (ideally both!)
- Flexible vacation policy (including 3 weeks mandatory paid time off per year)
- Full benefits and 401k option
- Amazing, bright, and colorful Brooklyn office (what you wish your living room looked like)
- Office kitchen with snacks and libations
- Fun environment and great team (think group lunches, bowling, volunteering at our local community garden, and beer)
- Room for growth (we’re a grow from within kind of team and we’re eager for your ideas and input)
Interested candidates should email an awesome (seriously) cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put Digital Project Manager in your email subject line.
No recruiters or calls please.