Senior WordPress Developer: Berlin
Radish Lab’s Berlin office is looking for a talented full stack WordPress developer to join our growing team on a contract basis. You should be able to develop dynamite front end code while at the same time write complex PHP logic. The ideal candidate would be able to see a project through from initial design concept to testing and launch.
Radish Lab is a full-service interactive creative agency based in Berlin, Germany and Brooklyn, New York, focused on people and projects committed to social change. We build innovative websites, applications, data visualizations, and interactive experiences for nonprofits, cultural institutions, academia, and related organizations.
Pay is either hourly, or project-based, depending on experience of candidate and nature of projects. For the right candidate, this position has the potential to transition to full-time.
- A self-starter who seeks out opportunities to learn new methods and technologies;
- Committed problem-solver;
- Ability to meet concurrent deadlines and work under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humor;
- At least 3 years experience in an agency, startup or fast paced working environment;
- A team player;
- Capable of juggling multiple projects at once;
- Interested in social change, and engaged with causes.
- Multilingual; able to speak and write fluent German and English.
- 3-5 years experience in building WordPress based websites;
- Proficient in CSS3 and CSS preprocessors and comfortable with modular class naming patterns like OOCSS;
- Comfortable with a JS task runner like Gulp or Grunt;
- Experience with mobile-first development;
- Understanding of standards-based, responsive development and accessibility guidelines;
- Capable in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (familiarity with Sketch is a plus);
- Experience using Git, Github and/or Beanstalk;
- Experience with metabox plugins like Custom-Meta-Boxes, CMB2, ACF, etc;
- Knowledge of SQL and experience using either MySQL or MariaDB;
- Experience with WP-API;
- Complete understanding of browser support, CDN, caching, backend services, and deployment;
- Experience using development environments like Vagrant.
Nice to Have
- Experience coding emails;
- Exposure to a frontend JS framework like React, Angular, etc;
- Ability to setup and administer staging and production servers;
- Experience using PHP frameworks like Codeigniter or Laravel;
- Experience with REST APIs and OAuth;
- Experience working for other social impact projects or non-profit organizations;
- Berlin-based (while remote could be possible for the right applicant, ability to come into our Berlin-based offices is prefered);
- Ability to code in any other programming language.
- Be able to work hours that cross over with American East Coast time to be able interact with Radish Lab’s Brooklyn office.
- Create fully functional WordPress based websites starting with a Sketch file and technical scope and requirements;
- Coordinate with strategists, designers and project management teams to improve final deliverables;
- Be a leader in the execution of our WordPress based projects.
Interested candidates should email an awesome (seriously) cover letter, resume, and links to LinkedIn and Github accounts to email@example.com. Please put ‘Berlin SR WP Developer’ in your email subject line.
No recruiters or calls, please.