Radish Lab is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Design Intern to assist our design team on both internal and client projects.
We’re an award-winning creative agency in Brooklyn with an office in Berlin. We specialize in design, branding, and websites for social impact organizations and values-driven businesses. We combine meaningful strategy and intuitive design to amplify the impact our clients have on the world.
Radish Lab works with some of the biggest social impact organizations in the country, from (RED) to the Rainforest Alliance, from the Women’s Refugee Commission to The Public Theatre.
We are looking for someone to start in January, with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week for a total of 12 weeks, with flexibility around an exact schedule. You will be working in our main office in Bushwick (off the Morgan Avenue L stop); compensation is $15.00/hour, and Radish Lab provides snacks and drinks (beer included!) for all employees and interns. For the right candidate, there may also be potential for continuing on in a permanent part- or full-time position.
The ideal candidate has digital design training and is comfortable using Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InVision. As this role will support all aspects of our agency work, we’re looking for a strong team player who is well-rounded, a great communicator, a curious and creative thinker, and passionate about using your skills to contribute to making positive social impact. You’re a scrappy problem solver comfortable working quickly in an iterative, collaborative process. Plus, you’ve got a sense of humor.
Responsibilities may include, but won’t be limited to:
- Support on design projects with tasks such as:
- creating wireframes and designs for websites
- conceptualizing and designing vector graphics and icons
- developing mood boards, sketches, and design explorations
- design and production of print collateral such as posters, cards, and reports
- sourcing photos and illustrations
- Squarespace website design
- work on revisions from the design team and PM feedback
- Designing original graphics for Radish marketing and social media
- Laying out proposals, creating PPT presentations
- Preparing for pitch presentations and meetings
Priorities for Applicant Selection
Minimum Requirements / Must-Haves:
- Some digital design experience—confident using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch/InVision (or similar software)
- Sincerely interested and enthusiastic about the opportunity
- Hard worker, who is eager to learn and help out wherever they can
- Good communicator (in message/content, not English grammar specifically)
- High-quality design portfolio
Ideal Qualifications / Would-Love-to-Haves:
- Professional design training and experience using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, InVision and Squarespace.
- Experience with print and digital design production processes
- Demonstrated understanding of Radish Lab and shared commitment to mission and values
- Helps diversify Radish team (with representation of race, gender, ability level, sexual orientation, social-economic backgrounds, etc.)
- Potential to continue in the Fall (NYC-based, flexible schedule)
- Interest or experience in nonprofit brand marketing
- Animation or 3D skills (After Effects etc)
To apply: please send us your resume with an awesome cover letter by filling out the form below. In your cover letter, please tell us three reasons why you want to work at Radish Lab!
Please no phone calls or recruiters.
If you do not hear from us, unfortunately, this means you did not make it to the next round.
Perks + Benefits:
- An awesome office vibe, and culture that prioritizes work/life balance
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and beer
- Fun (seriously!) team-building days
- Friendly, hard-working, and supportive team